Halloween is a popular time for people to use colored contact lenses to enhance their costumes. From blood-drenched vampire eyes to glow-in-the-dark lizard lenses, costume contacts can certainly add a spooky, eye-popping touch. But colored contact lenses are popular year-round, not just at Halloween.
To safely wear costume contact lenses for Halloween or any time of year, follow these guidelines:
- Get an eye exam from a licensed eye care professional such as an ophthalmologist — an eye medical doctor — who will measure each eye and talk to you about proper contact lens care.
- Obtain a valid prescription that includes the brand name, lens measurements, and expiration date.
- Follow the contact lens care directions for cleaning, disinfecting, and wearing the lenses.
- Never share contact lenses with another person.
- Get follow up exams with your eye care provider.
Most important: Never Overtime / Overnight Wear your colored contact lenses, please take it out when you sleep.
Any bad news you heared about colored contacts are un-safe, ALL are because overtime / overnight wear
If you notice redness, swelling, excessive discharge, pain or discomfort from wearing contact lenses, remove the lenses and seek immediate medical attention from an ophthalmologist.
173,054 total views, 20 views today