The Halloween Jinx game is really great for adults but can also be modified so the kids can play too.
You can also play this as the game of “Jinx” and use it as a Christmas party game and even a birthday party game simply by changing the them of the word list.
How to Play Halloween Jinx
As your guests arrive to the party hand them a card or piece of paper with a list of words on them. These words need to be the same for each guest. These are the forbidden, or jinx, words of the night.
When a guest hears another guest use one of the words on the list, they’ll need to yell “Jinx!” The person who said one of the forbidden words gets their card taken away and they’re out of the game.
The last person who hasn’t used one of the jinx words is the winner. A little prize or simply bragging rights is their reward for being able to keep their mouth shut.
Halloween Jinx Word Ideas
It works best if your list contains 3-5 jinx words. Too many words will be tough to remember and too few words won’t be challenging enough.
You’ll also want to pick words that aren’t very common but may come up several times during the party.
Here’s some jinx words ideas but feel free to come up with your own:
Halloween Jinx Game Variations
Here are some variations of the Halloween Jinx game to mix things up a little bit and make them work for your party.
- Instead of handing out individual cards, you can post the list somewhere. Just make sure that all the guests are aware of the words.
- You can make the game tougher by sticking a label to each guests back with their own individual forbidden word. When a guest hears another guest using the word on their back, they can take off the label.
Printable Halloween Stationary
- Skelli Paper from Family Shopping Bag
- Halloween Stationary from Paper Glitter
- Crow Stationary from Sweetly Scrapped
- Spider and Skulls Stationary from Page Borders
2,770 total views, 1 views today