It wouldn’t be Halloween without some creepy, crawly desserts like this chocolate spider recipe. This is one of the best spider recipes for kids, submitted by Jennifer Law of The Laws of My Life. They’re super easy and involve lots of chocolate, including Ding Dongs, chocolate chips, and chocolate frosting.
Follow these instructions to make a very special Halloween spider snack:
Ding Dong Spider Recipe
- 1 box of Ding Dongs
- 1 package of black licorice sticks
- 1 box of toothpicks
- 1 package of Nestle white chocolate chips
- 1 package of mini Nestle chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting in a tube (any kind)
For this Halloween spider recipe, the spider is made with the Ding Dongs for the spider bodies, black licorice for the legs, and chocolate chips and frosting for the eyes and eye balls.
- To start, take two licorice sticks and cut each stick into three, 1½ inch parts to make six legs.
- Take a toothpick and break it in half. Repeat this step three times to make six mini toothpicks.
- Stick one side of the toothpick into the hole in the center of the licorice stick. Repeat six times.
- Stick the other side of the toothpick into the Ding Dong. Secure licorice sticks to each side to resemble spider legs.
- Press two white chocolate morsels upside down into the top of the cake to resemble eyes.
- Attach the miniature chocolate chip on top of the white chocolate morsels by using a dab of chocolate frosting.
Serve up this spider recipe to your Halloween guests and remind them to remove the toothpicks from the spider legs before eating. Enjoy!
3,511 total views, 1 views today